Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem."



When we got asked to do a presentation on pirates, a lot of us were completely lost as to what we could possibly write so much about. However, just like Jack Sparrow had said, "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem." Once we, as students who had a million things on our minds, finally sat down and focused on the topic at hand, all of the ideas started flowing. As I watched my classmates present, I quickly realized how different our mindsets are. My thoughts immediately took me to modern pirates, where as one classmate in particular thought about the character Captain Hook and another thought of the legendary Blackbeard. While everyone's presentations were very different, a few things were also similar that worked amongst us all. Confidence while presenting is key in any presentation. If you do not have a confidence while presenting your information, you lose everyone's engagement. Fortunately the majority of my classmates were confident in their work. However, some students clearly put more effort into their actual presentation than others and that can also make a huge impact on how it is delivered. Another thing that could have been improved was the clarity of exactly what the research was about. A research paper needed to be arguable and some presentations did not explain that. I think my presentation was not only informative, but also engaging because of the fact that my research was over things happening currently. It could have been a little more decorative and eye catching than it was, but I was confident in my research and the information I presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment